ILM Learner Personal Data Policy
On Track Training and Coaching is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. Here we explain how we will treat any personal data which we collect from you.
Who we are
If you have any queries please contact:
On Track Training and Coaching Ltd
21 Berl Avenue
Tel 01505 690718
What personal data do we collect and how?
In order to register you as a learner with ILM we are required to collect and process the following data:
- Name, gender, address, telephone number etc.
- In exceptional circumstances, as a learner on an ILM programme, we may need to collect sensitive personal data to enable us to administer requests for reasonable adjustments or to support an investigation, complaint or appeal. We will not share sensitive data without your express permission to do so
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you
- You will be provided with a unique learner number by ILM at the point of registration which we use in relation to your learning, assessment and certification
How and why is your personal data being used?
We use your personal data to carry out any activity related to your learning, assessment and certification, including:
- administration in relation to our services throughout your learning journey
- providing you with a certificate, credential or other record of learning
- contacting you directly in relation to our quality assurance processes, investigations, appeals and complaints
- provision of reasonable adjustments in relation to your learning or assessment where requested
- provision of assessment feedback and support through your learning journey where required
Who will your personal data be shared with?
The details we collect will be shared with:
- ILM at the point of registration for a qualification
- It may be required to share your information with the City and Guilds Group, you can find out more here
- The Insitute of Leadership and Management (TILM) to enable TILM to offer you student membership. You can find out more about TILM here
- Trusted service providers, contracted to us in connection with the provision of our products i.e. trainers, assessors, internal and external verifiers, facilitators and other bodies brought in to the programme to provide additional resources (Questionnaires, evaluations etc)
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We will ensure that there is a contract in place with any third parties in relation to confidentiality, security and lawful processing of any personal data shared with them.
How long will we keep your personal data?
- We will keep your personal data for 7 years, to ensure that we comply with any contractual, legal or regulatory requirements.
How do we store your personal data?
- All data collected is stored on a secure server and only On Track Training and Coaching employees have access to the database. Hard copies of data are kept in a locked office accessed only by On Track Training and Coaching employees. If it is necessary for hard copies of personal data to be used away from the office then it is kept with a member of staff at all times.
- Under the GDPR, you have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
You have the right to:
- access the personal data which On Track Training and Coaching Ltd holds about you. This is called a Subject Access Request and must be made to Catherine Armstrong whose contact details are provided at the top of this Privacy Notice
- have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- request that we remove your personal data (other than name, achievement details, date of birth and unique identification number)
- restrict the processing of your personal data, for example, ask us not to contact you
- object to the processing of your data for specific purposes such as communications or direct marketing
- ask for the transfer of your data electronically to a third party (data portability)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
We may not be able to make all the information available to you if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person. On Track Training and Coaching Ltd will not sell your data. We will also never share your data with anyone to use for their own purposes unless disclosure is permitted or required by law.
You can opt out of receiving communication from us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org